It’s not every day we make it onto the national news, so we were very pleased when Forvo’s new iPhone app was featured on Spanish TV channel Antena 3.
As part of a segment on Antena 3 Noticias about apps for learning languages, #A3TECH reporter María Pérez Laya talked about how to get the best out of our iPhone app.
You can watch the full video below.
If you’d like to feature Forvo in your publication please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @forvo.
You can download our new iPhone app here and the Android app at this link.
We’ve gone app crazy at Forvo these past few weeks. Here’s what we’ve been up to.
Forvo for iPhone
We’ve released a major new version of of Forvo’s app for iPhone with a completely updated interface. You can now record pronunciations and exchange instant messages with other users amongst a host of other features. For those of you who already have the app you will be able to download the latest version as an update from the App Store with no additional cost.
We think it’s a massive improvement on the previous app. Download the new version of Forvo for iPhone here: forvo.com/iphone
Instant messaging now available on Android
Following the release of our app for Android devices back in February, we’ve now added instant messaging to the app which you can download from Google Play. Chat with other Forvo users in real time and get help with your pronunciation.
Find out more about our Android app here: forvo.com/android
As always, your feedback is hugely appreciated. Email us at email@example.com or tweet us @forvo with your comments. We’d love to hear from you!
Have you tried Forvo in your iPhone? Now it’s the time because we have reduced the price for our Apps until the end of 2011. The apps for Spanish, English, French, Chinese, Portuguese and German are completely free while the Full Forvo Pronunciation App with all the languages and more features it’s only $0,99.
You can check all the information at our iPhone website. Hope you like them and use them to help you learning and pronouncing words in many languages.
With the recent changes in iTunes Store policies we can now extend our 10 promo codes giveaway to download Forvo Pronunciation app for free. Just leave a comment with contact info please.
Update: How to redeem the code.
We have received great feedback about our recently released iPhone App, but there are also some user with doubts about it.
First, I would like to thank to all the people who are downloading the app because it’s a big support for keeping Forvo alive (thanks!) But also, I understand that paying for something make people more demanding about the product.
So I would like to answer some of your questions:
- The app allows you to access to the unique content Forvo with your help has collected. If this is not good enough for you, please don’t download the app.
- We have plans to develop apps for other mobile platforms. (read Android)
- We have plans to develop apps for individual languages at a very reduced price. (Spanish pronunciations, French pronunciations, etc.)
- We have plans to add new browsing features and even translations.
- The app does not pretend to be the website. It’s a faster way of searching and listening to the pronunciations. Listening in the website through the standard iPhone player is a real pain. Furthermore, it has some useful features that doesn’t exist in the website as remembering your previous searches and activity.
And now to share a little of Forvo love, we have decided to give away 10 codes to download the app for free for the first 10 valid comments in this post(*). A good review in the iTunes Store would be appreciated ;)
* Only available for the U.S. iTunes Store. Please leave valid contact information.